Friday 22 May 2015

{SQT} 7 Epic Blog Posts You May Have Missed

Blessed Feast of St. Rita, my patroness! (Of course she chose me; she is the saint of the impossible, and I am exactly that). Linking up with Kelly at This Ain't the Lyceum for Seven Quick Takes. This week: 7 epic blog posts you may have missed. Some are from the last week or two; others are much older. In no particular order…



{1} Haley at Carrots for Michaelmas recently wrote a beautiful reflection in response to the question “Have You Ever Felt Like Being a Mother Has Ruined You?”. This is a must read for all mamas out there.

{2} Way back before babies were even on my radar, Leila at Like Mother, Like Daughter explained how Every Mom Can Nurse Her Baby! (even if every mom can't breastfeed). As someone who far too often spends feedings roaming the 'net instead of focusing on her baby, I'm inspired by this post to try a little harder to make eye contact (when babe is awake, anyway!). It's particularly potent given my disappointment in needing to supplement my breastfeeding with formula—a nice reminder that what is fed is ultimately less important than how it's fed.

{3} Natural Mama Nell at Whole Parenting Family has clearly been spying on me in order to use me as an example of what not to do, and has come up with 7 kindnesses to show your spouse while raising small kids. Such wisdom in this post!

{4} Singer-songwriter Audrey Assad at Blessed is She wrote about her husband's cancer, courage, and God's will in Facing that Cross. There is a tonne of honesty and vulnerability in this reflection.

{5} Rosie at A Blog for My Mom has shared I'm Not Afraid of My Fertility (Anymore). A wonderful reminder not to let fear dictate decisions!

{6} Kelly at This Ain't the Lyceum composed My New Children's Book! in which she gives us a preview of what is sure to be the next best seller (I'd buy it!). 

{7} PinkHairedPapist (totally her real name) at Pink-Haired Papist wrote a Very Serious account of The Day the New York Times Saved Me from Evil, Evil Catholicism. Don’t let this one pass you by!

What were your favourite reads (new or old) this week?

1 comment:

  1. I loved all those! Thanks for the mention :)

    And I totally feel terrible that I never make eye contact with my nursing babies, until I DO make eye contact and they pop off to smile at me over and over again, spraying milk everywhere! Then I remember why I never look at them :P I don't think I make babies who are willing to gaze while nursing!

    ReplyDelete